At a young age children are sometimes unable to verbally express their wants and needs which can lead to frustration.
To help them express and communicate we have found using pictures works well in the classroom and at home.
How does this help?
- Make choices – When the child is shown 2 or more pictures by an adult, they can point to make their selection.
- Make requests – The child can give and adult a picture of what they want
How can I help or take part?
- Take photographs
- Use images of toys, books, food, drink (cup) etc
- Use them with your child to help communicate
- Share them with the nursery for a mutual understanding and to help us work together